Synonyms: Trisodium 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylate; Tri sodium citrate dehydrate, Sodium citrate; Na3C6H5O7.2H2O
Citribrite TSC is the sodium salt of citric acid. It is a widely used acidifier. Unlike citric acid, Citribrite TSC does not give food an acidic taste. Citribrite TSC forms complexes with metals, thus preserving food as well as keeping water soft in cleaning formulations.
Consult also our citric acid products Citribrite CAA and Citribrite CAM.
Based on these characteristics, Citribrite TSC is used as:
– builder and sequestrant in detergents
– chelating / anti scaling in water treatment
– sour agent, buffering agent, preservative and antioxidant in the food and cosmetics industry
– correctant (masking unpleasant taste) in the pharmaceutical industry
– plasticizer in nail polish and hair spray
– active ingredient in deodorant
– an anti-coagulant in blood transport
– disintegrator in fizzy tablets
– veterinary anti-diarrhea medicine
– blowing agent in the plastic industry
– etching aid for metal surface cleaning
Citric acid and its salts are known hygroscopic and easily forms lumps. The manufacturing procedure, particle size distribution and packaging of Citribrite TSC are such that lumping is avoided. This is a guarantee.
Citribrite TSC (E331) complies with BP2002 and USP30.
Also ask for our Ca-, Mg- and Zn-salts of citric acid.